|2||13.5 M ||12|| m2 3.892.265.66 |
Yanbu Commercial Port is considered one of the oldest ports overlooking the Red Sea and is the main gateway for the holy city of Madinah and the neighbouring areas.
It is a natural port protected by land from the north and by coral reefs from south and south-east.
A modern network of roads connects the port to the holy cities of Makkah and Medina, which makes it the most important strategic sea port for holy city of Madinah, Al-Qassim region and a maritime gateway for trading to and from those promising economic areas.
The port's facilities, berths and services were developed lately, turning Yanbu Commercial Port into a Hub that ships with a 14 m draft can call. The port's entrance's length is (210 – 250) m and the length of the internal channel is about 1 nautical mile. There is a development and replacement plan for cargo handling equipment to reach the international level for all marine services offered by the port.
- Geographical Location
The port is located on the eastern coast of the Red Sea, between Duba port (located to the North) and King Fahad Industrial Port and Jeddah Islamic Port (located to the south). It is about 460 nautical miles south of the Suez Canal, and is considered the nearest major Saudi port to Europe and North America.
- Latitude 24° 04' N
- Longitude 38° 03' E
Yanbu Commercial port has a fleet comprising of tug boats, pilot boats, mooring boats in sufficient numbers.
Cargo Handling Equipment:
The port has a wide range of modern cargo handling equipment including:
- Bulk grain discharging equipment with a capacity of 600 tons/hour.
- A set of forklifts with different sizes for general cargo and containers' handling.
- A set of grabs, trailers and yard tractors.
- A set of 2 Telescopic cranes with several lifting capacities.
- Weigh Stations at port gates.
Cargoes Handled at Yanbu Commercial Port:
Imports: General cargo, containers, bulk and bagged fertilizers, bulk feed, bulk white cement, chemical solids, rutile, petroleum coal…etc.
Exports: bulk cement, clinker, zinc concentrates, petrochemicals, used oil and other cargoes.
There are also two silos for bulk material storage with a capacity of 20,000 tons per unit and connected to berth No. 3 through conveyor belts.
- Passengers' transportation services and handling of their luggage.
- Arrival and departure halls can handle up to 1500 passengers.
- A special screening hall for pilgrims.
- Area for passengers' cars Inspections.
- Passengers' buses and luggage transport facilities.
- 2 berths dedicated for passenger ships.
- The port currently includes 12 berths with a total length of 2926 m, and can accommodate different types of vessels
- The berths' capacity is 13,500,000 tons per year
- There is a touristic berth in the port, with a length of 180 m a 10 m depth. It aims to serve tourist activities in Yanbu and is connected with two other berths, one for supplying yachts; the other is a floating berth to accommodate yachts.
The port berths are allocated as follows:
(2) berths for passengers
(4) berths for bulk cargoes
(2) berths for (RORO)
(1) berth for صب سائل
(3) berths for صب جاف
(5) berths for several uses
(1) berth for tourism activities services
(1) berth for general services
· Terminals Operators
|Operator of the General Cargo Terminal ||Global Marine Services Company|
|Leaseholder of Marine Equipment ||Red Sea Marine Services Co. Ltd. |
|passengers' Terminal ||Al Dhahry Group |